Sierra Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Partnership (Sierra CAMP) is a cross-sector partnership that promotes and facilitates regional climate adaptation and mitigation strategies, serves as a climate action capacity-building hub for Sierra/Cascade communities, and fosters urban-rural connections to build statewide investment in our region’s communities and natural resources.
What is Sierra CAMP?
Sierra CAMP is a collaborative effort managed by Sierra Business Council. It is a partnership of organizations, businesses, and local governments focused on climate resilience in the Sierra Nevada and rural regions of California. Sierra CAMP works to increase collaborative efforts across sectors and jurisdictional boundaries and promote climate adaptation and mitigation strategies in the Sierra.
Sierra CAMP Priorities
- Educate on and engage in climate solutions
- Provide climate policy analysis and education
- Convene region-wide collaborators to maximize funding opportunities
- Support & facilitate projects where appropriate
- Build stakeholder capacity to address climate change
- Sierra CAMP is one of eight climate collaboratives across the state that together form the Alliance of Regional Collaboratives for Climate Adaptation (ARCCA). The Sierra CAMP Program Manager sits on the ARCCA Executive Committee and has appointed Sierra CAMP representatives to sit on the ARCCA Advisory Board and ARCCA Adaption Policy Working Group. Through ARCCA, Sierra CAMP is able to:
- exchange knowledge of rural climate change impacts and barriers
- engage in targeted problem-solving
- implement joint campaigns with adaptation collaboratives across the state
- sign shared comment letters on funding and policies
Sierra CAMP members attend regular statewide ARCCA meetings to share their stories of climate action statewide. ARCCA provides a direct line of communication between our region and state policymakers, allows members to share best practices, and strengthens urban-rural connections.
Sierra CAMP Membership Details:
Members of the Sierra Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Partnership (Sierra CAMP) are an engaged group of individuals and organizations who understand that their well-being depends on the health and long-term resilience of communities and the natural systems around them. Our work is based on the belief that social, economic, and environmental systems are interconnected and inseparable, and that collaboration between diverse sectors and communities is essential for growth and prosperity – especially in an era of warming temperatures and a changing climate.
Join Us In Creating A More Resilient Sierra.
To become a Sierra CAMP member or learn more about membership benefits, contact: